DataQuill Patent Portfolio
The DataQuill patent family relates to the use of information exchange and information download over cellular telecommunications networks. These patents mainly centre on merchandising and the provision of services. The intellectual property has been registered in 21 countries, including the United States, Europe and China. The patented technology has been licensed to eleven companies since 2002 including telecommunication industry leaders Nokia, RIM and Motorola.
The DataQuill patent family includes the following patents issued in the United States and Europe:
United States Patents:
- 6,058,304 issued May 2nd, 2000
- 7,139,591 issued November 21st, 2006
- 7,505,785 issued March 17th, 2008
- 7,920,898 issued April 5th, 2011
- Continuation pending: US 2009/0111521 A1, published April 20th, 2009
- No. 90/008,340 (6,058,304) issued April 13th, 2010
- No. 90/008,394 (7,139,591) issued October 27th, 2009
- No. 90/010,552 (7,505,785) issued May 10th, 2011
· EP 0 840 248 B1
The DataQuill portfolio continues to be well positioned given the significant growth in cellular communications, coupled with device and function convergence centred on internet connectivity. Market analysts reported that the global cell phone market alone exceeded $1.1 billion handsets in 2008. While the global cell phone market is expected to shrink in 2009 as a result of the economic slowdown (the first year-over-year falloff since 2001), analysts still estimate over a billion handsets will be sold in 2009. Meanwhile, the convergence of cellular communications in a number of other devices continues to enhance the position of the DataQuill patent family.
Inquiries regarding the DataQuill patent portfolio should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org